As an independent contractor, your earnings are subject to Self-Employment Tax if you have earned or been paid $400 or more throughout the year. This includes income from claiming Snag shifts, but also any other independent contractor work you may have performed throughout the year (freelance, Uber, Lyft, etc). Read more about the Self-Employment Tax at the IRS website.

If you have earned $600 or more claiming shifts using Snag this year you will receive a 1099 tax form from our parent company, Inc. by January 31, 2018. You’ll need to include this form with your tax filing.