Snag Work SMS/MMS Terms
Snag Work Shift Alerts SMS/MMS/Text Program Terms & Conditions
By participating in the Snag Work Shift Alerts SMS/MMS/Text Program (the “Shift Alerts Program” or “Program”), you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth herein.
- Shift Alerts Program Content: Snag Work will send SMS and/or MMS messages to inform you of work opportunities in your area or updates as they relate to shifts you have claimed or requested. We may also send you updates in regards to shift status, product updates or your account.
- Message Frequency: Shift Alerts Program participants will receive 3 messages per shift depending in part on how many shifts are requested, claimed or updated or if any changes have been made on your account. Text “HELP” for help. Text “STOP” to cancel.
- Authorized Participation: By enrolling in the Shift Alerts Program, you certify that you are authorized: (a) to enroll the designated mobile phone number in the Program, (b) to incur any mobile message or data charges that may be incurred by participating in the Program, and (c) expressly consent to be contacted by Snag Work via SMS and MMS messages even if your telephone number is listed on federal, state, provincial or other applicable “Do Not Call” lists in order to receive the Program Content described above.
- To Stop Messages or Opt Out: To stop receiving Snag Work Shift Alerts Program messages, reply STOP to 78395 or contact the Snag Work Customer Support team at 866-277-1995. If opting-out via a STOP reply message, you consent to receive a text message confirming your opt-out request. You agree to allow up to five business days to process your request. If you opt-out of the Shift Alerts Program, you will continue to receive MMS messages through any other Snag Work SMS or MMS program to which you have separately subscribed until you separately unsubscribe from those programs. You may also contact our Customer Support team at 866-277-1995 or [email protected] to request to be unsubscribed from all Snag Work SMS/MMS programs you have joined. You acknowledge that our Program SMS/MMS platform may not recognize and respond to Program opt-out requests that do not include the STOP keyword command and you agree that Snag Work and its representatives will have no liability to you for failing to honor such requests. If you attempt to stop receiving Snag Work Shift Alerts via a STOP reply message to 78395 and you do not promptly receive a text message confirming your opt-out request, you agree to contact our Customer Support team at 866-277-1995 to confirm your request.
- If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending messages to you again.
- To receive Help, reply HELP to 78395 or contact the Snag Work Customer Support team at 866-277-1995. Participants may also email Snag Work Customer Support [email protected] or visit http://snag.work/contact-us/ for help or for questions about the Shift Alerts Program.
- Cost to Participate: Message and Data Rates may apply. Check your mobile plan for details. Snag Work is not responsible for any messaging or data charges incurred by Program participants.
- Carriers Supported: The Program may not be available through all carriers or supported by all devices. If your device does not support MMS alerts then you will receive an SMS alert.
- Participating carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central, IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
- T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can send an email to [email protected].